Like I’ve said before, I can’t get enough of entertainment news and celebrity gossip, so I’ve compiled a list, highlighting the seedy, sappy and surprising movie-related news of the week.
In case you missed it, here’s everything you need to know about the goings-on of Hollywood.
- Sandra Bullock returns to the big screen in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, opening Jan. 20. It’s her first movie since The Blind Side and that whole messy situation with ex-husband Jesse James. The movie looks like a tear-jerker, but I can’t wait to watch it.
- It’s been all over the internets that Kristen Wiig is saying “neish neish” to a Bridesmaids sequel. Instead, she and cowriter Annie Mumolo have something else in the works — something really, really funny, I’m sure.
- Betty White celebrated her 90th birthday and almost toppled over her cake while blowing out the candles! Coolest part: she got a birthday card from the president.
- People is reporting that “close sources” have revealed that Johnny Depp and longtime girlfriend Vanessa Paradis may be heading for a breakup. They haven’t been spotted on any red carpet together in over a year!
- Unaware moviegoers in Liverpool didn’t take too kindly to The Artist. Many demanded a refund after realizing that the movie is, in fact, silent.
- The new Survivor cast is revealed. New cast members include an ex-NFL player’s wife, 41-year-old Monica Culpepper; the first little person to appear on the show, Leif Manson; and the oldest member in this year’s cast, 64-year-old plastic surgeon Greg Smith.
- LL Cool J will host this year’s Grammys. The last person to officially host the Grammys was Queen Latifah 7 years ago, like back in 2005 when we were jamming to Hollaback Girl and My Humps.
- Fashionista.com announced that Rachel Zoe’s former styling assistant Taylor Jacobson is getting her own reality show on Oxygen called LA Style. This might actually get me to tune into Oxygen for something other than a Snapped marathon.
- Several gossip sites have reported that Lindsay Lohan is being scouted to play Elizabeth Taylor in a Lifetime biopic. Other reports say that Megan Fox is also being considered for the role. Interesting. Who gets your vote?
- Kelsey Grammer stunned most Americans when he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for his role in Boss. He later amped up his shock value by revealing the news that he’s expecting twins with new wife Kayte Walsh.