With all the hype circling the Oscars, check out everything else the entertainment world has brewing this week.
- At the 14th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards, W.E. won in the period category; The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo won contemporary; and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 won fantasy.
- It was Drew Barrymore’s birthday on 2/22. How did she celebrate? By taking a trip to the doctor’s office and exiting with what appeared to be a sonogram. Baby alert? Possibly!
- Kourtney Kardashian revealed that she’ll be having a baby girl due in late spring. That may or may not be news to some, being as the Kardashians tell all their business, the whole world knows who they are, and news about them spreads like crazy.
- TBS extends Conan through April 2014 despite a rollercoaster ride of ratings since he joined the network in Nov. 2010.
- Jeff Rice, a facilitator for The Amazing Race, died this week. He was not currently working for the show, but it is believed that he was poisoned in a shakedown attempt in Uganda.
- Sacha Baron Cohen could be making an appearance at the Oscars as The Dictator, his latest crazy character. It’s yet unknown if he’ll actually get the go-ahead from The Academy, but it would surely make for an awesome distraction.
- Rachel Crow, the cute little girl who almost won X Factor, has signed on to star in her own show on Nickelodeon and has additionally signed with Columbia Records. See, sometimes being second best is really first best.
- John C. Reilly can and will do anything. He recently released 2 country singles on the Third Man Records label. And now, John C. Reilly and Friends will start performing country hits at L.A.’s Bootleg Theater Feb. 28 – March 4.
- David Stainton, president of Paramount Animation, has resigned for personal reasons. Paramount is the studio behind Rango, a Best Animated Feature nominee at the Oscars.